Friday, December 21, 2012

20 miles of Rhythm & Power....

my annual 20 mile run is coming up....christmas eve, monday morning... the last few years, i seem to have this long mileage run around christmas...(all fitting for rock n roll marathon!) - i'm really looking forward to running it and preparing - and wish & pray for great recovery as it has been such a blessing to run this season with no major pains or injuries... This week has been fairly easy, a rest week for me (after the 30K) - now i am feeling rested and ready to rock...i will be hitting the deck tomorrow morning to activate the body...(on camelback)...all of this prepping the soul...
...i recall how it felt when i first ran a 20 miler years ago...it was strength and character building...awe...xo



December 12, 2010 ‘diary sessions’  
Determination at 20 miles
Saturday morning, early 6 am...Endurance Rehab Stage North Scottsdale...the stage: DC Ranch & Grayhawke

...the dark sky reveals a distant light...it’s graceful, almost spiritual watching the blue dawn overtake -  shadows present and long in length...the pounding of pavement is percussion, in tangent with my breath...the animals see the darkness with comfort & circulate without trying…I know some of their precious secrets though not all of them...just a peek…
Around mile 17-18, i could feel my body breaking down…me and my thoughts…seeking a different power now - one i have not felt for a while. You know when the body is pushed and 'everything' is removed, all that is left is the ‘will’, ‘passion’, and ‘determination’.   I was saying 'I can do this' - there is a certain truth to my breakdown...i am gaining strength…
…rhythm & power…

No comments:

Post a Comment