Sunday, January 29, 2012

day of days II - Jan. 15, 2012

I finished my 2nd marathon on Sunday 1/15/2012 at PFChangs Rock & Roll…so much fun!!
Saw many signs…’pain now, beer later’; ‘there’s a zombie behind you’;
Sharing another chapter.

The early morning was exciting…it was like a circus! I started out very comfortable and I guess you could pretty fast…at the 13.1 mile mark, my time was 1:49:45! Felt good and warmed up…going into Scottsdale was okay – still loose yet could feel the body adjust at mile 16. I saw carm; she was ready with the banana and sunscreen...i ran for another two miles at relatively easy pace…then I began to feel my body break …I started to cramp up in both upper thighs! So painful! I was like ‘this is new’; I have not cramped in that location…I was disappointed..wondering if the knee sleeves compressed my upper highs so much that they didn’t know what else to do, (except CRAMP)…I wanted to take em off yet I could not bend over…plus I needed the sleeves to keep my patella from rocking laterally…after mile 20, I entered a storm…or some say ‘the wall’ – I kept saying to myself almost there…i smiled about this knowing I just ran 23 miles…I ran enough to get pass a sign, a streetlight, a crowd, a water station, a bridge – only to be grounded with the ugliness of pain – even my shirt’s ‘dig deep’ slogan was keeping me moving; I saw tempe lake bridge and felt the excitement come...this is part where determination took me…where belief and will took my body down the last stretch…I just kept moving…it was quite the feeling to cross;

Yet now I have the marathon blues,

2012 will be another good story,

There will be a 3rd chapter,

Shall we…

No comments:

Post a Comment