Monday, August 30, 2010

t e a m c h a n c e s -

Dear Family, Friends, colleagues:

I will be participating in the annual P.F. Changs’ Rock and Roll Marathon + Half Marathon in January 2011. Currently I am training for race day (Jan. 16, 2011) with the intent of running my first FULL MARATHON! 26.2 miles! My previous race ,PF Changs ½ marathon, was phenomenal -with the exception of losing my cell phone at the start line.! I was able to run a personal best –I was built for the race!; So many stories leading up to race day…whether it was running track intervals, running Christmas day in Window Rock in snow, or being pushed by inspiring coaches; the top story is knowing my participation resulted in a child’s emotions as they received a new pair of shoes or were able to participate in a fitness program.

I am a member of Team Scottsdale through Chances for Children-Arizona’s “Team Chances”. We are a not for profit group that provides running programs and fitness programs to Valley schools that otherwise may not be able to afford them. I’m not sure if you’re aware of how many schools in our Valley can’t afford fitness programs for children; the numbers are outrageous. Without fitness programs children are at an increased risk of obesity, heart disease, low self esteem and many other issues. So you see, not only will I be actively training to reach my personal fitness goals, my fundraising efforts will ultimately help Chances for Children’s quest to improve the health and fitness of children in our community.

My goal is to raise $1300 for this worthy cause. This will allow four children to participate in the Chances for Children’s running program. How can you help? Well, I’m graciously requesting donations that will help me achieve my personal goals. If I request 130 folks to donate at least $10 – that’s $1300! I will appreciate any amount provided as this will go towards a collective effort! Thank you!

Richard

Click on link below , go to ‘Donate Now’ ; scroll to ‘Donate for an Athlete’; and scroll to my name – you can donate via paypal or if it’s easier, check, M.O., or cash will be fine as well – you can write it out to: Chances for Children Arizona – thank you again!

http://www.chancesforchildrenaz.com/team_chances_home.php

No comments:

Post a Comment